Аll the main equipment of the turbine building of Leningrad-II NPP Unit 2 is installed. The work inside the turbine building is executed on schedule, Rosenergoatom (owns and operates all Russain NPPs) reported.
The stator, separators, moisture separator-reheaters, the deaerator, turbine condensers, high and low pressure heaters, and heat exchangers are put to the design places. The turbine shaft has been aligned; three travelling cranes have been successfully operated. Four locations within the turbine building, with total area of almost 25 thousand square meters, are filled with more than 5 thousand tons of pipelines and almost 4 thousand units of valves that are being assembled.
According to Kiril Mazurin, Rosenergoatom’s Deputy Chief Engineer for Construction and Installation at the Capital Projects Division, the construction in the turbine building of Unit 2 is almost complete: only a few final steps are left.
Construction, installation and finishing works at the new power units are conducted simultaneously. This means that the contractors not only stay on schedule, but are even ahead of it in some areas.
Leningrad-II NPP is located in the town of Sosnovy Bor, 40 km west of St. Petersburg on the shore of the Gulf of Finland. Two units with VVER-1200 reactosr are built there. They are going to replace the Leningrad NPP, which is Russia’s first plant with RBMK-1000 reactors (thermal-neutron heat-pipe cooled uranium-graphite nuclear reactors).